Monday, February 18, 2013

Toyota Corolla AE92 (4AGE 20V) - Part 2


January 4, 2013

I made a deal with a friend(rcdanan) from GT to swap my rear springs with shock absorbers for his rear Apex-i N1 coilovers. Here are the details of the item.

Apexi N1
- comes with Tein 6kgm springs rates
-full thread (fully adjustable)
-13way damper settings
-comes with pillow ball mounts
-re-buildable type

-came from toyota MR2 but mounts were customized to fit ae corolla's with no issues..



January 5, 2013

I bought these H4 halogen headlights from a co-member of GT named d_four. I will be replacing my blue colored headlights with these. I got it for 2000php including shipping via LBC.

Stanley H4 Halogen Headlight Casings- All original Stanley Japan. Clear frosted.




Jan 13, 2013

I finally installed my H4 halogen head lights. It looks better now. :)
The deal with the coilovers was cancelled. The rear shocks that came with the eibach were busted. I was supposed to sell them. Now i got my old KYB shocks installed and it works fine. There are still rubbing issues but so minimal.


Jan 15, 2013

I didn't swap my springs. I got upset when I found out that the shocks that came with the springs I bought is already busted. I replaced it with my KYB gas shocks and the ride was great so I decided to just keep it. Of course my friend was upset too because he already told his friends that his coilovers were already sold. He was still able to sell it anyway.
 Here are my lowering springs.




Jan 25, 2013

I bought an OEM blactop headers with flexible and secondary. I got it for 7000php including cheap shipping. I haven't installed it yet though. I'm still waiting for the stainless steel 2 3/8 pipes with resonator. Once I get it I will have them installed asap.


Feb 17, 2013

I had my engine oil and gear oil changed at Special Stage (Malvar shop). I previously used HKS and now I replaced it with Petron Ultron 20W50 mineral oil and c110 oil filter. For the gear oil it was Petron GEP SAE90. My change oil was free since it was a certificate I won from our BAF raffle last Christmas. I paid for the gear oil which is 180php/liter. We consumed 2.5L of gear oil.
Mileage before the change oil was 173,086 km.


March 4, 2013 - Monday

I got my alternator/fan belt changed and spark plugs.
belt - 420php (Europa)
plugs (NGK GPower BKR6E GP Platinum) - 680php (4pcs)
labor - 180php (Special Stage, Magsaysay, c/o Jobel)


March 18, 2013 - Monday

I had my whole exhaust replaced at J2 Brother's Shop(Bokawkan Rd. Baguio City). Installed the BT stock headers with secondary, stainless steel pipes with 2 3/8 diameter, stainless resonator, and kept the same HKS Super Dragger muffler.

Costs:

Primary Headers and Secondary - 7000php
Stainless steel pipes(2 3/8 dia, 12 ft long), with 3 stainless elbows - 2000php
Stainless resonator - 3500php
Labor - 3000php
----------------------------
Total: 15, 500 php

The response is way better than my ST crash bent headers and a 2 inch steel pipes. We still followed the old pipe line since we cant bend it underneath the gas tank. The pipe near the muffler passed below the control arm. Will post pics soon. Btw, the timing is set to 12 degrees with 95 Octane gas.


On the side note, my power steering pump is bugging me. We've checked surplus shops and the cheapest one costs 3500php(japan). The local surplus(phdm) costs 2000php but I don't like that. :P


March 22, 2013 - Friday

I had my AC checked again. Evaporator was checked for possible leak, so far there was none. Changed one of the O-ring, checked pipes for leaks, we didn't fine any. Anyway, I had it checked at "IT Coolmate" shop in Alaminos, Pangasinan. It costs 1100php for labor and freon refill.


March 23, 2013 - Saturday

I checked my FC and it was approx 12km/l (hi way(70%) and city driving(30%)) with AC on. I still have to get a replacement for my AC Idle up. It's starting to annoy me!


May 20, 2013 - Monday

Few weeks ago I had my ac checked again by two shops and they say it was the compressor causing the problem. Leak test passed. And so, I had my compressor changed. I bought the same one, brand new, Sanden 507. This is only a replacement. A bracket had to be placed to be alligned with the pulley. Denso compressor is the original part and it does not require any bracket. I had to replace the fan as well since it's not turning at all. Here are the costs:

Sanden 507 Compressor - 5,500 php
Fan - 800php

They offered me a package of 8,300php for everything, including the receiver drier and line flushing. They had to replace the bearing of the ac pulley as well since it's wiggling.

I don't know what fixed it but the whining sound is gone after the replacement of the pulley bearing and the compressor. One of them was the cause of the sound before and not the power steering pump. Good thing I didn't buy one yet. :)


September 2013

After a couple of months I started to have a problem with the alternator-compressor belt. The belt was cut and had it replaced. It seems that the pulley and the compressor is not alligned. Never thought that it was the issue after replacing it three times. Thanks to my friend mechanic who was able to figure it out.

Price: 450php


October 12, 2013

Had the Ball Joint and Tie Rod pressed at Ocampo's Repair shop in Naguilian Rd. Baguio City.

Ball Joint - 150php/pc
Tie Rod - 150/pc


November 2013

Bought a pair of Federal 595 Evo tires from a local store in Loakan Baguio.
Size: 195/55/R15
Price: 3,500php/pc


November 8, 2013

1 set Bosch brake pads (front) - 1,200php (bought @ Special Stage Magsaysay)

After changing the brake pads my brakes started to fail. It's not that hard anymore. Brake pedal slowly goes to the floor when pushed. We did bleed the lines but same thing. It's not lossing fluid either, no leaks anywhere. We decided to change the brake master cylinder. It became better but I can still feel it going down the floor. Last thing to check would be the brake booster or what we call the hydrovac. I haven't replaced it though. The car still stops when brake is applied. The only time it goes down the floor is when you push the pedal hard for few seconds.

Cost:
Brake Master Cylinder - 2,350php @ Europa Parts in Abanao St. Baguio City.
Labor - 350php @ Special Stage Magsaysay c/o Jovel


November 10, 2013

I attended the TFP (Toyota Fest Philippines) event in Clark Int'l Speedway. It was a time attack and I was on the Toyota bracket. There were a lot of participants including other car models and brands. In the Toyota bracket we have a couple of FT86, two MR2, Starlet, couple of AE101 and AE111 corollas, and of course the AE92s. An estimate of maybe fifty cars joined the Toyota bracket.
My first run clocked @ 02:50:55. My second was 02:45:33. We didn't have any transponder in the car and the time was manually taken. There were a couple of participants who complained about it since it was not accurate. I actually agree because my first run, according to their record clocked @ more than 6min. It so happen that I have my camera in the car and recorded the run. It seems that they recorded 2 laps :D.
Anyway, it was a good experience. It was my first track event.





December 2013

Had my Rota Flashback rims changed. I bought a brand new BBS copy rims from R-gie Nebab, a co-member of the Coralla Auto Club here in Baguio City.
Price: 16,000php (rim only)
Rim Size: 15x6.5j  4x100



December 31, 2013

I also had my engine oil changed. I previously used Castrol GTX 20w40. I only used it for few months and a little more than 3k kilometers. I am now using Castrol Edge 10w40. I did so since it's getting cold here in Baguio (19C - 12C) and I only travel around 1km from home to work.



....continued on "Toyota Corolla AE92 (4AGE 20V) - 2014" .....

No comments:

Post a Comment